New interactive exhibition about nature and wild reindeer
Hardangervidda National Park Center opened August 14th 2013, with an interactive exhibition about nature and wildlife in the new 600 m² centre.
The exhibition has been very well received and has been awarded 3 international prizes.
The exhibition includes a total of 22 interactive installations, all in Norwegian and English. We also offer a mini-cinema with short films by Arne Nævra, as well as our own “French Cave” with original Prehistoric-tools and artifacts more than 17,000 years old, found in France.
The exhibition has 7 departments:
- A first meeting – a sensory section where the experience of wildlife is the key.
- A biological section in which wildlife biology and ecology are presented. You can learn about the wild reindeer all over the world and find information about the different wild reindeer habitats in Norway.
- A historical section about the origins of wild reindeer, migration, humans and the reindeer.
- Mini-cinema with short films about other wildlife in the national park.
- A “Red-lamp” section that addresses various challenges and threats to today’s wild reindeer, loss of habitats, disturbances, increasing human activity, etc.
- A science section that includes management and research related to the wildlife at Hardangervidda.
- An “Afterthought” section where the visitors can reflect on the future of the wild reindeer and Hardangervidda.
In addition to the exhibition, Hardangervidda National Park Center has an intranet library about Hardangervidda National Park.
The center also has a fully equipped nature-laboratory for students and school classes.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION